I can’t believe its May already, and I feel that I haven’t made a dent in my list of “Must Dos in 2010,” but instead I feel like I’ve just been trying to make it through the days, and squeezing in my “to do list” when I have a chance. So what have I done:
- I have been volunteering. This is something that I have made a priority. It’s just one hour month, but it’s absolutely worth it. I enjoy seeing the kids every month, reading to them and simply hanging out.
- I did take a belly dancing course but have quit. So, I thought I would love belly dancing, but I didn’t. I enjoyed my first course, but I think I wasn’t in the right mindset. So, I am going back to yoga, or something else.
- Writing articles. I’ve only published one article since January. Five years ago, ideas were oozing out of me. Now, I find myself struggling.
- Taken advantage of the city I live in. Now, I am proud of this one. I have managed see more places, try more restaurants and experience the culture of D.C. I am also going to see Harry Connick, Jr. and Michael Buble this summer (very excited!)
So, what have I not done:
- Traveled. I am craving to travel to new places, but this little thing called “money” seems to ruin the plans. The good news is that I do have some travel plans in mind for this summer. They include New York, Martha’s Vineyard and San Francisco. I need to fit Provence and Argentina in these plans (two places on the top of my list).
- Make my personal life a priority. If getting married or finding someone was so important, wouldn’t I be married? Like many of my friends, I have done the online dating thing, I’ve even dated a couple of my neighbors, but the truth is, I haven’t felt that va va voom–the type of feeling you feel the minute you see someone– except with one person. Also, I haven’t figured out the whole balance of work and personal life. But, I, do know I want a family one day so I think I need to move this one up.
- Expand my professional network. Okay, this is in the works. I live in Washington D.C. and should be taking advantage of the many different opportunities available, but after a long day of work, I am simply not in the mood, but it’s important.
So, what about you? How far have you gotten on your new years resolutions?