“Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them. -Carrie Bradshaw”
The truth is, I think many of us relate to her or one of the characters from Sex and the City. I remember watching the show when it first came out more than a decade ago ( has it been that long)? I was in my 20s and I believed Carrie and I so related. I whined about my daily dilemmas, yearned for the attention from my then “love of my life.” and yes, drank cosmopolitans because it was “trendy.”
But, let’s be honest, I relate more to Carrie Bradshaw now then I ever did in my 20s.
- I’ve got the best girlfriends in the world. I am not bragging–I seriously do. A woman cannot go through life without her friends. I sure can’t live without mine!
- I still have my dating dilemmas. But, I have a group of girlfriends who make me laugh about them, vent to, etc. I mean seriously, the last guy I went out with may not have ditched me on a “post it,” but did on a text. And, guess what, my girlfriends made me laugh about it instead of sulk!
- I moved away from cosmopolitans and moved on to scotch and on occasion dirty martinis. Let’s not forget a good glass of Pinot Noir either. Like Carrie, my style, my thinking, my philosophy is changing with age.
- I don’t mind being single anymore. I finally came to a point that I am “ok” with being single. Yes, it will be nice to find a companion, but if I go on one more BAD date, I think I will just die (not literally, but can’t do it anymore). So, when it is meant happen, it will. In the meantime, I will embrace my independence.
- I love being a city girl.I love going to fabulous parties, attending the performing arts, meandering though the city, hanging out with friends and brunch (it’s one of my favorite meals).
We all are our own unique individuals, but sometimes, we relate to the characters that we come across through books, movies and TV.
Who do you relate to?